"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.” -Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Going Under the Knife

Yes. I am getting surgery done on Saturday. Nothing too major though. It is LASIK corrective eye surgery. I'm so nervous, but very excited as well! I have everything worked out for the day of the surgery. (Dave has to work and my mom is going to help me and the kids out.) All this week I have been thinking at random moments, "By this time next week, I won't need my glasses to see that" or "I can't wait until I don't have to clean my glasses off anymore and then realize the kids have placed the latest scratch on them." It has been something Dave and I discussed for quite a while, but we wanted to wait until after I was done being pregnant. And yes... that time is now. Plus, the doctor I am using has a lifetime guarentee on the work done so that if my prescription changes again, he will correct it for no additional charge.

So, hopefully all goes well and I will be glasses free on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge