I am a very anal retentive person in case you don't know me very well. You may have guessed this though from previous posts about everything being in it's place. So when things gets outta whack, I get frustrated and grumpy. Same thing for schedules. I love schedules! I love To Do Lists! I know. I am a freak. But this is just how I am. So the first couple of weeks of summer, I am usually a pretty grumpy person until we get things on schedule. Also, getting the kids trained to put their stuff back where it belongs when they are done playing with it. This year, things have been compounded by moving and trying to get everything where it belongs to begin with.
So yesterday, I planned. I began giving the boys chores to do each day and setting up a schedule for how the day would run. So they boys understood when they got up today that the day would go as follows:
First, we get breakfast eaten. This is cereal for everyone so Ryan can help the brothers get this setup if Bree lets mom sleep in. The boys are allowed to watch TV while they eat breakfast. But once it is gone, they will need to turn it off. Then the chores were to be done. Today I then let them watch a movie with some popcorn while I got some laundry done. We'll then have lunch and Bree will go down for nap. The boys will then get their video game time (which is dependent upon them completing their chores from the day before). By then, we will start getting things ready for dinner and the evening activities. If we need to run any errands, that may be the time.
Of course, I'm not so crazy that if the schedule needs to be changed, I can't flex it. I do. Often. In fact, this isn't the normal schedule because we are expecting bad weather here and we don't have the playground setup yet in our new backyard. Ok. So I am a little bit crazy.

No comments:
Post a Comment