"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.” -Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The General Way of Things

Summer is an interesting time this year. The boys don't have any kids in the neighborhood to play with. So they have to get along with each other. Not always such an easy task. We have spent some time at the library. The summer reading program is going well. The pool has been off limits since I couldn't find a swimsuit for Bree and I couldn't find my swimsuits I already owned until today. Fortunately, I found a swimsuit for Bree at Wal-Mart the other day for $5 that will work nicely. I'm still not sure about going to the expensive pool in town. We went to the carnival earlier in the month and enjoyed that a lot. We have ran errands in Omaha and spent some time with Omaha friends. But mostly, they have played with toys and video games to keep happy.

I have been trying to clean up said messes and trying to unpack those last few stubborn boxes. I also have to prepare for a garage sale I am having July 29th thru the 31st. All of that stuff we packed up to stage our Omaha house that we weren't sure if we would need in our new house is going! There is also clothing the kids have grown out of and toys! So much fun!

Then comes the last chore of which I am sorely unprepared for. I am trying to decorate our house. In our last house, it began to feel like I was in a museum dedicated to the Jensens with all those family pictures we had up. I wanted to go in a different direction with this house. I actually want to have decorative pieces and a few family pictures. I went shopping at Hobby Lobby when the home decor was 50% off and got some fabulous deals! I struggled a lot with finding something I thought would look great together in our living room, but I think I finally found it. I'll post pictures when we get the painting done and put items on the wall that belong there. This is really hard for me though. I'm just not sure. I am convinced that I was born without the gene to decorate a home. Creativity is not my thing. So let's cross our fingers that I will be able to pull something off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge