"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.” -Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Phone Fun

I have been wanting to get one of those super fancy smartphones for a while now. But in order to add it to our plan, we would need to come up with another $30 each month for a data package. So I had resigned myself to living with a "normal" phone. :) But then I decided that why shouldn't I upgrade my phone a little bit since I could have more features on it. Like a calendar that has a way to sync up with my calendar at home... Or a phone that can hold our branch directory in it for contacts and make my life easier when trying to call someone unexpectedly when away from home... Or maybe I could get one that has all my music files on it so I can listen to it instead of having to carry around both an MP3 player AND a phone... or wait! Maybe even have the ability to take pics with it when caught in that moment of "Darn! I wish I had my camera with me"! So I hunted around. It appears that all of those features in one phone constitutes a smartphone and so I thought all was lost.

But then I was out on a website and saw this phone I loved the look of and knew the manufacturer: Palm. I eventually found out that this was one of the last smartphones out there that Verizon (one of the only 2 carriers in our area) allowed people to use on their network without getting the $30 fee. I was totally pumped! And the hunt began to find a new one for sale on the internet for me to get configured at my provider. And I succeeded today. The Palm Centro 690.

So now I wait for my phone to arrive in the mail so I can take it in and get it configured as my phone. I'm so excited for it to get here because I think my life will get a little bit easier... or maybe just a little bit less clutter and more organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge