Yep... I got a little crazy this year. I decided to complete my Christmas shopping early this year. I wanted to enjoy the holiday season without thinking (every two seconds), "What do I need to get done?!?" So I collected my list, planned out my choices for gifts, hijacked my mom for a Saturday while Dave watched the kids at home for me, and got it done. I was gone until 9:30 PM that night, but it all got done! I'm so excited and realized a few benefits to shopping earlier rather than later. First off: I get my choice of picks off the Christmas lists because I am the first one shopping! Secondly, it was much nicer that day (70 degrees) than it will be in December with snow/sleet/rain/cold temps. Thirdly, I will not have to worry about when is the last possible minute I can buy this item and still get it shipped to {insert city name here}. Fourth, there are not so many people out shopping at this time. Fifth, there are all sorts of awesome sales going on right now because of the bad economy! And lastly, the feeling of satisfaction I get when I can say to myself "I am done with my Christmas shopping" is amazing! Of course, I can't say it out loud or I get many hateful stares from everyone around me at the thought of their Christmas shopping yet to be done.
I even got Bree's Halloween outfit for next year on clearance and bought a lighted garland I wanted for our new house's mantle during the Christmas season on sale! It was a great day overall and was fabulous because I also got to spend time with my mom and eat out without having to cut up someone else's food for them.
I highly recommend this way of shopping for everyone who celebrates Christmas, or even Hanukkah. So... get out there and spend money to help our economy bounce back. And then you get to enjoy the real reason behind the holiday more with less running around.
And yes... the wishlists here are now up to date with all things that have not been bought. If you get something from the list, let me know so I can remove it! Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment