"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.” -Thomas S. Monson

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Decorations

The day after Thanksgiving was over, we put up the Christmas decorations. I'm pretty crazy about this. I always put the tree up on the day after Thanksgiving and take it down on New Years Day. This year was a little more challenging though because we weren't sure where to put things in the new house. I did buy a beautiful prelit garland to go on our mantel and it is wonderful! The kids helped me get the tree setup while Dave was at work that day, so he could just walk in and enjoy the work done. He did still get to put up the outside lights though the next day.

All of the boys were fighting over who got which light up Christmas tree for their room. Grandma Pat made some adorable ceramic Christmas trees that light up and play music when wound up. Finally, they all got divided up between the various locations and all were happy.

It has been wonderful to sit in the living room, in the peace and quiet (after the kids have gone to bed), with complete darkness other than our Christmas tree and garland. I actually get a chance to enjoy the simplicity of the time and the true meaning behind the holiday. May you all get the same opportunity at some time this season! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge