Dave was starting to have some changes at his work that might cut our income a bit more than we could take and so we started praying to understand if I needed to go back to work instead. Maybe just something part-time. But I just never felt like I got an answer from God about it. So I went forward with faith. I researched job openings in Blair and got job applications. Now for the odd thing: when I went to fill them out, I would get this feeling in my stomach I categorize as the sick-to-my-stomach-this-isn't-right feeling. I told my husband about it because this was a bit of a stumping situation for me. What was I to do if I wasn't to apply for the only jobs I knew about?
When we talked about it, he kinda threw out there (half-jokingly I think) that maybe I needed to go back to school sooner. Instantly, I felt that this was sooooo right for me. I became obsessed! I dug out all my old paperwork from before I stopped going to school and started researching everything out. I prayed about it as well. Now I know... this is what I am meant to do right now. I'm not sure why though. I still have Bree at home during the day starting this fall. At least we have awesome family members who support us and will help out in whatever way they can.
The funny thing is that Dave's work situation changed again and he is back to the income we planned for. Sometimes, I think God must get so frustrated with me that he has to give me a push to go in the right direction. I am stubborn, you know. :)

So I start back this summer with two classes. Unfortunately, there are now new requirements for my degree so it will take a bit longer than the two years I planned. Financial aid has been awarded to me and will cover us nicely. I can only take one class online in all the ones that I have left to take, so I'll do that this summer. Psychology 1010 and First Aid. Psyc is a prereq for the child psyc I'm taking this fall and it (and the first aid) are requirements for the Early Childhood Education portion of my degree. I shall finish school in May of 2014 if everything stays on schedule and all the classes get offered that I need when I can take them.
So if I look like a person running around with her hair on fire at Mach 5, there is a reason for it. :) Apparently, according to God, a good one. Once I figure it out, I'll let you all know. Until then, please pray for me and keep my family in your thoughts. Sometimes, I still feel horrible about not being at home with my kids all the time, but then God fills me with this wonderful feeling that helps me know that everything will come out all right. Just like He planned.

No comments:
Post a Comment