I love the fall. And for me, nothing says fall like October. We have fabulous reasons to get together and have fun: apple picking, bonfires, Halloween, General Conference, potlucks, pumpkin carving, football games, trunk or treating. Those are just a few of the things that make me so happy during this time of the year. We start to wake up in the morning and feel the crisp coolness coming in through the windows. It makes you snuggle in under your blankies just a minute longer. In the afternoons and evening, the temperature is perfect! Not too hot, not too cold.



The boys always love it when dad gathers together the leaves in the front yard and jump in them. Of course, in the past, we had a huge maple tree in our front yard that provided many leaves to play in. Even Seamus got into the action! I called it leaf day and got out the camera to take tons of fun pics. This year, in our new house, we have two smaller trees in the front yard. We'll have to see how much fun the kids have in those leaves. So I uploaded a couple of pictures from the last three years of leaf fun.

It is nice to have a deck to sit on this year and enjoy the beautiful weather. Our new house also has a great setup for us to watch conference at home over the internet. We hear the football games at night over at the high school two blocks away. The kids have their costumes already chosen for Halloween. Ryan is going to be Mario from Super Mario Brothers; Conner chose a clone trooper outift from Star Wars: the Clone Wars; Sean was happy being Tigger from Winner the Pooh. But the best thing is that I got to reuse Conner's clown costume I made. Bree is going to use that one. She looks adorable in it and does really well getting around in it. In the past, I have never reused costumes because I was afraid I would look back at the photos and never be able to tell the kids apart. "Which one is this? Ryan or Sean?" You see my dilemma here? I feel confident though that I will be able to tell Conner and Bree apart. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment